Win a VIP Platinum ticket package to #TheClassic Sat March 29th SRB Brooklyn feat. Brand Nubian, Heltah Skeltah, Cella Dwellas and more!!
Winner gets 1 ticket to attend, plus VIP ACCESS to the upstairs backstage VIP area, which is reserved only for the Artists and holders of a Platinum VIP Bracelet, plus a Gift Bag full of items from our Sponsors, plus 1 Official “The CLASSIC” Tee Shirt, plus 1 additional MCMI APPAREL Tee Shirt, plus other assorted MCMI Mixtapes!
1.Follow @MCMIreport on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
2. Copy the Flyer for the Classic to your Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (the more accounts you post it to the higher your chance of winning!)
3. Hashtag #MCMI #TheClassicContest
1 Random Winner will be announced on Sat the 29th at 12 noon on the @MCMIreportFB, TWITTER and Instagram accounts.
1. Create a 60 second or less video blog, showing and explaining your existing tattoos. (Can send pics and email explanation if not able to make video).
2. Explain in the video what you want your next tattoo to be – what you would get inked live at the show if you win the contest.
3. The judges and tattoo artist are looking for a complex, artistic design that will be interesting to do and awesome to look at. Super simple designs wont be considered.
4. Upload your video to sendspace.com and send us a link to download it, to INK@MCMIreport.com
5. By submitting the video and entering the contest you grant us the right to post your video on our website and other places in promotion of the show, song “Pretty In Ink” and Puncture Tattoo & Piercing.
6. Include your full name and phone # to contact you, in the email with the video link.
7. Must be 19 & over to participate in the contest and to be at the performance.
The winner will receive free tattoo work, live @ Southpaw during PH’s Album Release Show. Runner ups will have the opportunity to appear onstage during PH’s performance of the song “Pretty In Ink” and may be cast for the music video for said song, to be filmed partly at the event and partly at a later date.
* Any women with tattoos who would like to participate at the event, and be considered for casting for the video for “Pretty In Ink” (MCMI Records), but are not interested in getting the tattoo at the event, may still come to the event and build with us further.
MCMI’s own PH took first place inÂ TROJAN and LUDACRIS‘ rap contest called “Magnum Live Large Project 2″, which had competitions in Detroit, San Francisco, Miami and NYC. The New York one was held at Highline Ballroom, on April 4th, 2011Â and pitted 16 MCs against each other, not spittin’ battle raps like they do in GrindTime, but competing in three categories: a capella verse, freestyle off the dome and performance of an original song.
For those who don’t know,Â PH (formerly “Pumpkinhead”) is also aÂ GrindTimeNow battler. PH was the GrindTime East Coast President for awhile, but passed the torch to current President Poison Pen, so that he could step in the ring a few more times. He also is a 2 time Braggin’ Rites title holder, 2 time EOW MC Challenge winner, EOW Challenge of Champions winner (he went against all the other champions and came out on top), came in 2nd in the infamous BLAZE Battle and has recently won battles in the GrindTIme and KOTD (King of the DOT) leagues, so he’s versatile and can compete in multiple formats.
Trojan’s “Magnum Live Large” Project is not an MC battle, but an “EMCEE COMPETITION”. What’s cool about it is you get to freestyle and also do one of your songs. Plus you spit accapela one round, so everyone definitely hears every word of your verse, with no beat to play a factor. Whether you’re nice off the top, can write a killer verse, or are really good at putting a song together, you get a chance to put your best foot -Â er,Â rhyme – forward. Besides MCing, there also were B-Boy , Graffiti and DJ elements and even an educational panel discussion. Check out the NYC Highlights video:
The Â judges for the New York event were either MC’s or C.E.O’s of reputable Hip Hop companies, from East and West, North and South, so we had people who really knew what they were listening to. There was Opio from Souls of Mischief (Cali), Prince Po from Organized Konfusion (Queens), J-Live (Philly), Danny Castro from the Legendary Lyricist Lounge (Brooklyn), Mad Illz, who reps Florida and is one of the C.E.O.’s of GrindTime, and R.A. the Rugged Man (Long Island). 14 hungry MC’s and one singer, who jumped in the contest to get some light, performed Â their hearts out in hopes of winning the money and going to Miami to perform with Ludacris. The event was hosted by local hostÂ Posion Pen (GrindTime, Stronghold), and tour hostsÂ Othello and Rahman Jamaal.
AllÂ PH’s rounds were strong, obviously, or he wouldn’t have been able to win, but the performance of his song “Oxygen” (video after the jump) really rocked the crowd. From the beat to the hook to the subject matter, the audience showed a lot of love.Â PH’s delivery and stage skills from years of touring the States and abroad, allowed him to tear down the stage effortlessly for the New York crowd.
Videos of PH’s song “Oxygen” that he performed live that night, plus his a capella round, both of which have not been previously released, after the jump!